What should I do if I am involved in a traffic accident?

road traffic accident lawyer
Published on: 20 January 2017
If you have been involved in a traffic accident, in the case of a misdemeanour, the time limit for criminal proceedings is 6 months from the date of the accident as a general rule.
The procedure is usually carried out by means of a misdemeanour trial, although it can also be done by civil proceedings.
Normally through a criminal complaint, although it is possible to take civil action.
Although private reports may be provided, the forensic doctor attached to the Court will determine the sequelae and injuries.
There is a table that is updated annually, which shows the amounts that correspond per sequel and per medical leave.
Although recommended, it is not mandatory.
While complex cases will require the payment of a fixed minimum amount, our fees will consist of a percentage of the amount obtained.
While you are free to choose any lawyer, it is advisable to have the best professionals and for that purpose G.Elias y Muñoz Abogados has specialists in the field.
A lawyer in less than 24 hours.
Lawyers - 24h A lawyer in less than 24 hours. We defend your interests
"Anywhere in Spain"

With our online appointment system you will have immediate advice without the need for face-to-face visits or travel.

One of our lawyers specialized in your area of interest will contact you to formalize an appointment and make your consultation by video call.

Available platforms

Add new comment

Do you need a lawyer in Madrid, we call you back

Fill in the form and we will call you as soon as possible.

* Required fields